CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Graduation

Life was so hectic last year, that I only blogged once. Hopefully, I will have more time on my hands now. Things are a little bit slower thanks to the milestone of GRADUATION!
I am a college graduate. Can I tell you how long I've waited to say that? A really long time. Graduation was fun, but overwhelming. It has taken me over a month to fully process how I feel about it all. My final semester was crazy, and I hated every minute of school. I felt like it was robbing me of my life, my time with my kids and Drew, and my freedom. I just couldn't wait to finish. When graduation time came, it felt like just another day. However, it turned out that I realized what a blessing it was. I have a huge sense of pride and accomplishment. I'm still feeling a little shocked that that part of my life is over. I didn't think it would ever be behind me! Up until graduation I kept thinking, "There has to be a mistake?" I guess it's the Negative Nancy inside me that says things can't be this good (or easy) in my life. Graduation was nice. I had my friends and family that have supported me though my entire life, with me to celebrate the occasion.
Of course, sharing it with the love of my life and our great kids was the biggest blessing. After all, we have been through it all together. They were all such troopers about my late nights of class, the "not right now mom's writing a paper" response, and my overall exhausted state of mind.


Ok, it's been a month (since graduation) and I must say I miss school. Who knew I would go from despising it to missing it? I know it's because I am in a weird transition point in my life. Life was so busy and now it's too slow. I am looking forward to my alternative certification teaching class, and being able to get a job. I guess Drew is right, I thrive on busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment