CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

How Far We've Come


2010 has brought about a time of reflection for me. Being in this sort of mood motivated me to blog. Drew and I have almost been married for almost thirteen years As I think back over our life together I can't help but to feel like time is flying by! The past thirteen years have been a life of struggles, joy, happiness, and confusion. Most importantly it's been a life FULL of love. I can't believe how far we've come as family....
Our story starts when a sweet, patient boy meets a stubborn, untrusting girl.  Ok, he's stubborn too.  After much persistance on Drew's part - I fell for him hard.  We were young, foolish, and in love. Somehow we have grown up together. We are still in love. The difference is now we really know what love is!
I love this man more everyday. He is my best friend and partner in everything!
Drew and I are blessed with an amazing love and friendship.





On top of that...two darn near PERFECT kids. Of course, I'll always say that because I love 'em no matter what. 

Being a mom is the greatest.  Every day I look into my kids eyes and see how fast they are growing. The questions they ask and the situations they are faced with are proof that this time in my life is moving fast. I wish I could keep them young and innocent forever but I can't. 

My Girl ~Alley is becoming quite the beautiful, talented, smart young lady. I look at her sometimes and can't believe she is the same baby girl I used to rock to sleep every night. She is kind, loving, and very STUBBORN. She is exactly who God designed her to be. 




Then there is Cane. My sweet baby boy. He is equally as awesome as Alley but completely different.  He is very sensitive but he loves to make people laugh. We can never really know what Cane will say.  He is our wild card!


I've had people ask me if there is truth in the phrase.. "you're gonna miss this."

Oh Yeah! It is so true! 
I found myself making more time for wii games, tossing the football with Cane and girl talk with Alley. The three of us laying cramped up on the couch together laughing, talking or praying is the greatest place on earth. I don't want to miss these moments. These moments are what life is about. So we've come a long way. This life journey we are on as a family is the narrow path less worn.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, Heather. Thanks for making me cry. You, Drew and your beautiful family is something I admire. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a blogger! yeah! i love everything you wrote. family is truly the best thing on earth.

    and i forgot you had a RED kitchen! it's hard to believe alley and cane were ever that little.

    ReplyDelete